Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary DC not replicating with Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGold

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2011
IT
Please forgive for starting this thread if ever it has been started...I couldnt find a proper thread to chip in!

I recently got this ICT officer Job and I am new to Server Management and administration. at the time I assumed this new post the company was upgrading there machines(All Dell 780s)with Win 7, with several servers still on Win Server 2003. All new machines were connecting and joining the domain quite well untill a few weeks ago when I started having problems with joining new machines to the domain and some newly created domain users not being able to log in to the domain.
I only discovered later that the primary DC is not replication with the Backup DC, currently it seems the users are loging on the backup DC not the primary DC.
I ran the NSLookup from both servers and apparently the Backup DC returns the messege that:DNS request timed out, Cant find server name for address a.b.c.d: Timed out.
The Reverse Zone seems to be there, also PTR for the backup DC is available in the Primary DC...
can anyone helpout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back