Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary Cover Ringing Options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Is there anyway to have a primary cover button ring differently? Customer has 3 primary covers per phone and wants them all to ring differently, legend relase 6.0?

THanks,

You mean like having a different ring tone?? If that is what you mean, then nope, it cannot be done.

Well, there is a way to kinda' do this.

I have a "SPECIAL" line in my system that only rings on one particular extension.

I set the PERSONAL RING on that extension to pattern 6 (or Something) and have ONLY THE SPECIAL LINE ring there.

So now, when SPECIAL LINE rings in, all over the Lab we hear the "FUNNY RING" (pattern 6) and we know what is ringing and we can pick it up and say "Hello Special Line Caller!"

What you can do is have a Single Line Port be a LOOP AROUND with the COVERAGE to it, and then ring on a particular extension with the FUNNY RING to make this happen.

Does this help?

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for the awesome solution merlinman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back