Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary Cover Button Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stengrad

Programmer
Dec 10, 2003
US
Merlin Magix with Merlin Messaging VM. I have a customer that routes calls via AA. If the caller selects 0, it rings to the recept phone 300. They wanted other phones to ring at the same time so I programmed Cover Primary 300 buttons on those phones. All phones have line appearances on the phones. When a user answers a covered call and puts it on hold, the cover button blinks on hold as well as the line button. This is fine, but the issue here is that when another phone picks up the line on hold, the hold originator's cover button continues to blink on hold. If the originator presses the blinking cover button, they barge in on the call as if privacy is not turned on the other phone, which it is. I have tested that transferring the call to an extension, vs. putting it on hold will release the Cover button. Is this working "as intended" or is there something that I missed in programming?

Also, same system... I read in another thread (Partner system though) that CLID will pass to exts that are transferred to by the AA if the timer for the AA to answer is set to delay answer approx 2 rings. Is this correct? The AA currently answers immediately, and CLID info is not being passed from the AA.

Senior Field Technician
Hampton Roads Communication Technologies

I must ask, why are they picking it up off of hold.

Were they told to by the person who answered it?

If that's the case, they need to change their way of doing things.

The best way to do this would be for the person who answered it to transfer it to the receiving party.

But, of course, old habits are hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back