Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Price Question about DLLs and Windows 98 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfykaos

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
ES

Hi!

Somebody knows which DLLs are rewritten when reinstall Win98 over an existing Win98??? Every DLLs??? Deletes the DLLs that are not Win98 property???

This is because when I install a program made by me, and whose installer is made using InstallShield, it crashes windows (Dll errors, Explorer errors and so on), but if I reinstall win98 over the existing one, then everything goes well, including my program, that works perfectly... What I want to know is what Dlls are my program breaking on my program's installation process, that are repaired on win98's reinstallation, so that I can make a better installation that not crashes win98 (it doesn't crashes another OS, like winMe, or Win2K)

Any idea, please???

Well, I think you already know what's Dll use you App.

But to debug, I use FileMonitor from

This tool tells you what files are being access by Any Programs and the Os. Just Run FileMon, and then run you program, and make it crash. Back to FileMon, it will show what was the last file you program use!.

You can get some Dissasembly programs to get the Dll's that your program Call, e.i. User32.dll, Gdi32.dll, etc. So you can get a little closer to solution.

Best Regards!. -----
carabez@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back