Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI trunks off Merlin Legend - craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion3311

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2010
US
So up front, this is a play system for goofing around and trying different things. I have a Merlin Legend v7 with (2) 100D cards in it (slots 4 and 5). (One shows as 100D, another shows as 100D-U in inventory).

Wondering if anyone's seen these kinds of issues, or if one or both of my 100D cards are duds. When I first got this thing, I believe I had it set up and working well between the Legend and a Magix (and/or possibly this Adtran). I set it all aside as I got tangled up in the ARS stuff. I think. Since then, I've been trying to SIP-enable it using an Adtran 908e. I've had literally nothing but issues and wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if the thing maybe is starting to have a corrupted config somewhere.

For example, one issue I ran into was when trying to add the B-channels from slot 4 into a b-channel group, it doesn't let me enter them, so for example, b-channel group 1, enter 0423 (enter) just beeps. Previously, it only let me enter 0401-0403, and 0412-0423. When looking at the line assigned to that B channel under maintenance, it says its "maintenance busy", and although it says restore successful if I opt to restore, it still says its busy.

Does this sound like a dud card?

The card in slot 5 allows me to enter all B channels into the group, however the Adtran reports D-channel down on that card, despite all error lights being out.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated; I'm ready to throw in the towel and just assume that perhaps both T1 cards are duds. I do also have a Magix, so tempted to try that on the Adtran next.

I might even have to search my own posts because I probably asked this same question a year ago last time I messed with it LOL. update: Yes, and TO THE DAY one year ago Seems I had both cards working then, now I'm wondering why the second card is acting up.

Anyways, 2 solid days of tinkering in, I removed the board from Slot 5 and did a board renumber. I can now add the b channels from slot 4, and somehow, got things good enough where calls can now come in via PRI from the Adtran 908, but I can't make any outbound. I just get a fast busy. I'm sure I really butchered up the ARS stuff, and sadly I can't find my serial dongle to fire up WinSPM. On inbound I had to add an entry to dial plan routing to match the extension schema and that got inbound calls to work.

I added the b-channels to group 1, then went in and assigned lines 805-827 to that channel. I went into pool 70 and added the same lines to it as well and removed any extra. (At this point the only other line boards in the system are the 408MLX hence lines 801-804 are just loop starts.

After the amount of hours I logged I can navigate the system admin screens on the console like playing a piano at this point.

I would suggest printing the Lines, and the ARS to files and if the issue isn't obvious, posting them here.

It might help me remember what I used to know about those things.

I used to be really good at PRI, but I have been away from it for such a long time.

I got it going, I had to change the network services on the channel group to something else (maybe I picked local 5ESS?). I had it on call-by-call before.

I also found the dongle and ensured there were no wierd rules anywhere in ARS.

I also added the second PRI board back in and did a board renumber and its still happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back