Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI to MICS 5.0 to Decisif IVR/ACD pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHiTek

Vendor
Feb 2, 2003
US
Ok, this is in regards to my previous thread "pri line 1352 get busy on third call.

There are 5 dids that need to be answered by the decisif pc. This pc is connected to the mics via 8 ports,602-608.
607 is for "maint" and 608 is connects to a nortel CTA100
to the pc for management,call recording, channel status etc.
The dids are 1300,1350,1351,1352,1353.target lines 145,195,196,197,198. The initial configuration had all 5 dids ringing on 602. 602 was to fwd on busy to 603, 603 to fwd to 604 etc. This would only allow 2 calls to be answered and keep in mind that these dids have a seperate 800# pointing to each one, so there is heavy call volume.
I was told that this config would not work because you can't fwd a busy more than once, this would explain only 2 calls getting through and the third being rejected. Also to thicken the plot I am not sure if the desicif can answer more than one call per DN. I say this because I tried assigning each did to its own DN with multiple appearances, only one call to that did could be answered at a time. So i went from 2 calls to 1. Not good. So then I put all the dids in a hunt group to rotary through 602-606. this worked great, except the desicif pc would now answer with a general message. Come to find out the pc plays a different message for certain dids. The desicif screen manager said "no did info" on all the calls that come out of the hunt group. Great!! Now what do I do. I can't get ahold of desicif to ask how many calls it can answer simultaneously on one dn(my hunch is one) so how can distribute calls to these 6 ports with did identities working?

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried adding appearances to the Dns of your DID's. When you go into Term & Sets/Line Access and look at say Line 145 (for ext. 602, I'm assuming) press show and add appearances. I don't know that this will work, but at this point I don't think it will hurt either.

Turns out dti card was dropping random calls, not just the third call. Power reset norstar, disabled and then re-enabled dti card. Works fine now.
next time step 1 in troubleshooting- power reset. Who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back