Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI not working from Auto-Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2004
US
Just recently upgraded our T1 service to include PRI.

We have 2 phone switches. Each has a fractional T1 going into a 100DCD card for outside service. They also have a second 100DCD card that's connected to a full Point-to-Point T1 for interoffice calls/transfers.

The PRI works great on any incoming calls from the outside trunks likes - as long as the call comes through DID straight to the station.

However; if someone dials into Swtich1 - uses the auto-attendant to transfer over to Swtich2 (using the PtP, of course) the Caller-ID info gets dropped and we end up with the display showing "Vmail 140" or something pretty similiar to that.

Is there anyway I can get the auto-attendant to pass on the Caller-ID information from the outside, instead of the "Vmail" on the display?

Thanks!!

As the call is delivered, you will see the VMAIL port that delivers it.

Once the call is complete, Caller Id should come on through.

If it is not, there may be some set up issues.

No - even after I pick up a call, all I can get the display to show it the Vmail port and if I scroll to the right, it will show the trunk as well.

Display does not change at any point.

Any ideas on what settings(s) may be causing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back