Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

valencp

Technical User
Sep 18, 2007
US
Hello,
I have 7 PRI’s currently with AT&T that are on copper. I am working with AT&T to migrate these circuits off copper and onto the DS3 facilities at my location. What if any software modifications in the switch should I be aware of or expect to make? I hate to assume this will be just a cable plug n play. I am thinking something will need to be changed with my trunk group or signal groups.

Thanks for any feedback.

As long as the DS1 port settings are the same on your DS1-DS3 mux as those parameters used on your copper DS1s you should be good to go. Framing (SF or ESF), line coding (AMI or B8ZS), and then the correct line build out (wire distance to your PBX )must be set on the MUX.

5essfun is right. I did this a few years ago. You just wait for the cut to happen and then move the cable over to the new port on the mux. CAUTION - Quadruple check that they have the correct settings to the mux, as stated by 5essfun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back