Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pri Master HDD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfaniyi

Programmer
May 6, 2003
US
Can somebody please help me.....

Obviously, my computer doesn't boot up anymore, it was working for like 3 months, now all of a sudden, it won't boot up anymore. When ever I try to start up my computer, sometimes it passes through two quick screens and goes directly into a screen which has the following stated:

RPL-ROM-ADR: 0007 95F4 A3ED
RPL-ROM-IRQ: 5
RPL-ROM-PIO: D800

RPL-ROM-FFC: (it starts counting here)

Then it says Not Found, Boot Failure

Then I went into the Enter BIOS setup and got the Promary Master to detect the atributes of the Hardrive, for example (Size, cyln, Head). Then when I try to start up the computer now, it goes in the the process where is recognises the drives then it stops and gives me this error:

Pri Master HDD Error
Run SETUP
Press F1 to Resume

Then when I press F1 to resume, it give me the following :

RPL-ROM-ADR: 0007 95F4 A3ED
RPL-ROM-IRQ: 5
RPL-ROM-PIO: D800

RPL-ROM-FFC: (it starts counting here)

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Try entering the SETUP again and select the "Load BIOS defaults" and see if that helps. Also, try the "Load SETUP defaults" in the SETUP.

Try booting from a floppy (make sure that you have your floppy drive selected as the first boot device in SETUP)and run FDISK and select option 4 Display partition information.
If you have a bunch of goofy characters displayed, you probably have a virus. Most virus programs let you make a floppy that you can use to "scan" your HDD. (sounds like you'll need a second computer to make the floppy on).

Lastly, try swapping your harddrive into another computer to see if the problem is the drive or you mainboard. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back