Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI loop down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chnbmhit

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
US
One of our PRI's is down. It is enabled, but is MBUSY when i stat the trk loop 56. You can see the steps I took from the insert. Usually after the dta023 the dch 1 establishes a connection and that isn't happening. Any help would be appreciated. I can manage the phone side, but the pri/trunks are not my strong suit, so please keep it simple. thank you.

>ld 96
DCH000
.di**
DCH000

.DIS DCH 1
>LD 60
DTI000
DTA023 56

OK
.STAT 56

PRI* TRK LOOP 56 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM
CH 01 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 02 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 03 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 04 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 05 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 06 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 07 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 08 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 09 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 10 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 11 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 12 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 13 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 14 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 15 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 16 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 17 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 18 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 19 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 20 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 21 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 22 - MBSY DID VOD *
CH 23 - MBSY DID VOD * CH 24 - DCH 1

this one's real simple, it's not down. the far end is. call them. do a lcnt rcnt in ld 60 but the DTA023 56 tells you that your pri is up. the mbsy is because the far end will not enable the channels.. might try ench 56 1 to see if a single channel will idle up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

sounds like your problem is at the far end. contact your carrier - also look at the counters - in ld 60 type lcnt to see if there are problems.

I did the ench 56 1 and the channel came up idle. do i continue on or won't it help until our pri vendor does something? i did call them and they're getting thru to their translation dept. thank you very much for the help.

force a call over that channel to see if it stays up.. it will not hurt to ench a few more while testing

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i enabled 4 channels, but when i did the lcnt, everything shows zero. also, our switchboard called and said they got a fast busy and i did too when trying to dial out. how do you force a call over a specific channel?

if you got a busy outbound (fast for all trunks busy) the switch tried to force that call. your t is clean (lcnt 0) the far end should respond withen 2 hours, if not after it does come up, find a new provider.. i would put a loop back on that ckt, dis dch x, disl x then loop it back to itseld and enll x the loop, it will come up, teh d will come up the rls wronge mode... that is a in house test.. to make a loop back just wire pins 1 and 2 to pins 4 and 5... if your still waiting

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Best avise is to DISL loop number (Disable the loop and re-enable the loop) enll loop number. The loop should come up as idle.

according to the 1st post that was done before he asked questions, but your right just the same. my second step is usually a loop, my third is call the vendor, at this site that would be me... strange world

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back