Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Keycode Number Retrievel from raw data base back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
I remember reading an old post that someone was able to download raw data from a back up file and dig out the keycode from that. Has anyone done this and is this actually possible?

If a MICS that has an active PRI has to be defaulted for some reason and there is a backup is not the PRI code restored from this back up? If so would not the PRI code be imbedded within the back up data base?

BTW I was going to buy a used MICS 7.1 with all the components for the cabinet from a reputable eBay Power Seller. I asked him for the PRI code but he said that it was not available. I told him if I had to reset it I would be in big trouble. When I install a new system I like to default it just to make sure there is no problems. A fresh start is always best.

Anyway I asked him for the SYSID he gave it to me but when it was checked with KRS it came up as never being registered. How is that possible? Was it a hacked system?

If you have to do a startup then put in a ticket with Avaya stating you had issues and why the startup, they will change the key code to the new system ID.

If it wasn't registered then register it yourself.

You should think about devoting your time and sales to a new system and not one that is dis-continued.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I'm not convinced all dealers registered the systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back