Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Intl. Toll Restriction best way way to provide restricted use to some DN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pecossunset

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
I have a situation were some of the staff needs to dial international calls. I currently have all the filters set to 01 and restrict everything except local, domestic and toll free. In additional I have the PRI itself restricted from any Intl calls right at the CO level. Before I open it up wanted to make sure it is secure for fraud or abuse by the employees or event the after hours cleaning crews.

If this was analog lines I usually select a single analog line then assign a ROUTE and DEST code to it assign it to a POOL and only allow specific sets to access this pool and use this code.

Never did this with a PRI. Should I come up with a password or access code via the SERVICES like a routing code and then assign it only to specific DN's? What is the safest way you have found to do this for just a few users and also protect the entire system from any external or internal toll fraud.

You can setup an override COS access code and for each user you can define the password to use as well as the COS you wish to apply only for that particular telephone.

The end user would goto any telephone, dial FEATURE 68 for the COS override at which time they would then enter access code. Now, they can dial without any restriction for that call only. Once they hang-up, the telephone returns to its normal class of service.

You have to assign an access code for each user, they all need to be the same length which I think you can specify.
Then you program the filter to be applied (this would be a filter with international access allowed).
There may be one other step but I don't recall right off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back