Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Incoming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savillian

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
CA
Hi all,
Long been a fan but never had the chance to post yet. IP Office is a new product to my companies offerings within the last year or so and today was my first one being upgraded to PRI.

Long story short the PRI works....for an indetermined amount of time. Outgoing calls always work, but incoming stop working after an unknown amount of time and go to re-order(or fast busy) on all incoming DID's.

System is a IP500V2 R7.027P and the PRI is 5 channels only. PRI setup with the 5 channels in service, DMS-100 (this is our CO switch type). No trace available as I can't dial into the system right now as I get a fast busy, haha. Location is 100 miles from me and trying to formulate a plan before the customer comes in tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, you guys know these systems far better than I can ever dream of!

Monitor is the tool you need. If you don't have provisions for remote access, I sense a road-trip on your future. I'd change setup to NI2 and see if it makes a difference.

I am going to try to gain access by having them dial into my computer and then transfer me to the DialIn extension I setup as they can call out. I will try NI-2 first thing tomorrow.

Buy yourself an old XP box and load the Avaya tools as well as some remote access service like Logmein or GotomyPC - then take it to the site and leave it there. WAY better than trying to do this via dialup.

Fixed. Although the line was a partial PRI, all channels are activated and the CO DMS only allows 5 PSTN conductivities through software, so when I had my channels 6-23 OOS the IPO was rejecting the call. Since with more then 8 channels licensing is needed, had them remove channels 6-23 from the PRI office route completely:)

Unfortunately can't put a PC at every site, would love to have that ability. We have many sites and are a telco and can't treat 1 customer different than the other. The dialup on IPO is so much better than on a BCM, it feels like high speed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back