Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI FALLBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckleweasel

Programmer
Sep 2, 2005
US
I HAVE A PRI AND 4 ANALOG LINES IN THE BACK OF MY 406. I WANT THE ANALOG LINES TO ACT AS A BACK UP WHEN THE PRI FAILS. I HAVE HEARD I NEED TO CHANGE THE OUTGOING GROUP ID AND CREATE A LEAST COST ROUTE. THIS IS WHAT'S CONFUSING ME. CAN SOMEONE WALK ME THROUGH THE STEPS AND OR SHORTCODES.

Yes, you have to put your analogs in one group and the PRI lines in another group, then you create a least cost route and in the main tab you put the short code you use to dial out. Same short code in the alternate tab, but just change the outgoing group ID, and that's it. This avaya doc explains it easily:
If you use [] or ; for short codes, then LCRs don't work. You have to create the alternative in the system short codes, like this:

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I DONT KNOW IF I DID IT RIGHT.

IN THE LEAST CALL ROUTE I ENTERED THIS...

MAIN ROUTE

TIME OUT (SEC)AT 7 SEC.
PRIORITY AT 5
SHORT CODE AS 9
TELEPHONE NUMBER AS N
FEATURE AS DIAL
LINE GROUP ID AS 0 (WHICH IS MY PRI)

ALTERNATE ROUTE 1

TIME OUT (SEC) AT 30
PRIORITY AT 5
SHORT CODE AS 9
TELEPHONE NUMBER AS N
FEATURE AS DIAL
LINE GROUP ID AS 3 (WHICH IS MY ANALOG LINES)

SO I BELIEVE THAT WHEN THE SWITCH TRIES TO CALL OUT ON THE PRI AND CANNOT GET A DIAL TONE AFTER 7 SECONDS IT SELECTS AN ANALOG LINE FROM LINE GROUP 3 AND DIALS OUT.

IS THIS RIGHT?

LCR will be invoked if the shortcodes match the number send to the lines.

Example: For 09x numbers only, trunks are ID 0 and ID 1
System Shortcode:
SC = 909N, TN = 09N, Ft = dial, LineID = 0

LCR SC :
Main
SC = 09N
TN = 09N
FT = Dial
Line ID = 1

Alt 1
SC = 09N
TN = 09N