Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI failure or just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qintatek

Vendor
May 28, 2005
US
We just had a turnup and have never got sync on the d-channel.
We are running a brand new MICS 6.1. The service is a flex T1-PRI combination on site. An Adit 600 is splitting the signal. Data 1024 works great. The PRI is set to provisioned lines 1-7 and the d-channel is 24. All the standards NI-2, B8ZS, etc.. I asked the telco what conductors are being used for TX and RX.. They said 1, 2, 4 and 5. When i bring up the system I get solid amber on the first light on the PRI and error 41-0. I decided to check to see if the tech rolled the lined (crossover) and rewired what I thought was right, but now I get flashing on the second light amber for awhile and then switching to first light solid amber. Error 42-0 on the system.

Which light sequence seems better to you all? Do you have suggestions?

My next attack is to get the telco guys to run a loopback test (though its tough with flex) to my card of that fails then we are miswired.. if it passes then i think my PRI card is bad. Any input here would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back