Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI/DTMF to AA not always being recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmc334

Technical User
Aug 1, 2015
US
PRI circuit.
If you dial the main number everything works fine. Example 781-xxx-xxxx and press say 2 for claims it works fine and transfers to the proper destination. Same with dial by name.

THE ISSUE IS THIS

If you dial the 800 # 800-xxx-xxxx which is ported to the above 781 number ( same target line etc )
The AA doesn't always recognize so if you press 2 for claims , canned mary comes back with "you've entered an invalid extension.

Bottom line, all works well when calling underlying number but not always when calling the 800 number that is mapped to this

Gut feeling this is a carrier issue with the 800 number. You can try changing the IF level on the PRI from ISDN to PSTN and see if this imrpoves but I believe your testing of calling on the local number with no failures and toll free calls you get errors I would be pointing to the carrier.

If It's Not Broken...Don't Fix It!

Stephen Webb
Norstar, BCM and IP Office Engineer

I've seen issues with some cell phones not giving a long enough DTMF pulse to be detected by the AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back