Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI, DTMF, and VM Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupportDude

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
Hello Gents,
VM Pro 8.1.9102
IPO 8.1(65)
VM Pro answers the call, but does not react to any button presses.
If called from a station on the system, everything works fine.

How can I test for receipt of DTMF tones from the PRI provider.
I tried using VM Debug, but I didn't see any DTMF, so either I did not have had it configured correctly, or Telco is not sending DTMF.
Is there a way to configure Monitor to see DTMF?

TIA!

-SD-

Just call a DDI/handset from the lines with your mobile and press some buttons, you will here the DTMF if it's there and if it's clear/broken etc :)

"No problem monkey socks

so are you saying when you 1st tested it was from a cell phone? and the 2nd time it was from a ststion phone? some times a cell may not have a good signal and the dtmf tones will not be heard by the phone system.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Thanks for the responses!

No.
I always test from a Land Line.
All of my work is done remotely, either assisting a tech at site or working directly with the end users/system administrator.
I'll have to find somebody at site to assist with testing based on amriddle01's response ... easier said then done at this customer! (and how did you know I was wearing monkey socks???)

Nobody knows of a way to use any of the diagnostic tools to confirm DTMF receipt?

-SD-

Traces for dtmf detection in vmpro using dbgview:
08/04 15:07:27.269 vmprov5s (1b,5) 290, f6c: IClient::DtmfDetect 022DB380 '8 (56)' at 440, length 440 - session:00001dc9
08/04 15:07:28.394 vmprov5s (1b,5) 290, f6c: IClient::DtmfDetect 022DB380 '1 (49)' at 440, length 440 - session:00001dc9
08/04 15:07:29.152 vmprov5s (1b,5) 290, f6c: IClient::DtmfDetect 022DB380 '0 (48)' at 280, length 440 - session:00001dc9

sysmon dtmf and feature key as filtered by sysmondb
15:09:00 1775596113mS PRN: 321: Feature Key Pressed 4
15:09:01 1775597694mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed *
__ __ __ 1775597831mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed 8
__ __ __ 1775597980mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed 8
__ __ __ 1775598540mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed 1
15:09:03 1775598798mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed 2
__ __ __ 1775599190mS PRN: 321: Digit Pressed 0
__ __ __ 1775599516mS PRN: 321: Feature Key Pressed 4

upgeade to 8.1.67, which will break call park.

Call Avaya, complain, get private build that fixes that.

Upgrade again.

I'm serious :)

GB

Just put the PB on a file sharing site and call it something else...that's what someone should do really, it can be a pain :)

"No problem monkey socks

I wish someone would do that amriddle. Avaya wont let me talk to them! I can host it on my server :)

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

the problem is this ...

If you run a private build on a system that DOESN'T have a trouble put in on it that required the private build, if you have other issues, Avaya won't talk to you.

So being proactive in this case can actually be bad. Even if you KNOW you need the build to fix a serious problem that you KNOW will affect the customer.

Avaya-logic.... LOL

Seriously... you need to install 8.1.67, break it, complain, get their OK to use the private build, then they;ll help you with other issues their private build broke, if you run into them.

GB

I have had 1 ticket open with Avaya for the parking issue and they gave me the BP and I have used the BP for all new sites since. If they tell me that I can't do that I will open a f****n ticket every day and have them earn their money and if they tell me I cannot use it because the site is not approved then I sell Siemens or Cisco [sadeyes]

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

I'm running 8.1.67 and have not run into the park issue, weird.

-Austin
qrcode.png

We have multiple sites running 67 and haven't had a problem yet. Maybe that is a hardware/software issue, not a general problem.

A genius doesn't solve problems, he prevents them~~!!~~

I did the programming and training on a system 8.1.67 and no problems, but 3 minutes after the cutover all Park buttons went nuts.
Try pressing the park buttons when they are idle and then park a call.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

But why would you press an idle park button anyways :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

-Austin
qrcode.png

At least some parts of it :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back