Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI dropped, now DTA015 error 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hende10

MIS
Aug 22, 2002
US
On Jan 27th, my company lost ability to make or receive calls to/from the outside. After a couple of hours calling around, and recycling the power/reseating the cards, I reached SBC who "bounced" our line, and the immediate problem was fixed. However, since that night, I have been getting a steady stream of DTA015 3 messages, coming every 5 seconds. And, a couple of fax machines cannot send faxes over 2-3 pages.

According to this site, the error is a "frame slip" and that something has to coordinate with the co's (central office??) coding. Could someone help me understand this better? Who has to fix this, me or SBC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Hende

it's a toss. If on 51C - 81C, I would disable the card, the dchannel (and msdl if on an msdl card) and re-seat the card and bring back up with a force download on the dchannel.

If 11C do the same but disable the TMDI. I had this two weekends ago, in Bell South area (Louisiana) and I got the same messages, but the re-seat and force download fixed the problem.

I know you have done it, but try it now after SBC brought the span back up. I have also been to some areas, that if the span is down for about 5 minutes, then the LEC busies out the span to stop their alarms. If you do it quick it could be ok.

John

bellsouth does not monitor voice t1's in this area, you can leave it down for a year, as long as the bills not late. for a price they monitor pri's, usually for data apps.. i don't usually do the reseat but do dis both the d and the card, for a enl xxx fdl.. also lcnt rcnt in load 60

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

slip are originated for clock operating a different speed that the remote site.
If you are the master clock, then the remote site must syncronize with you. (Your clock is running in free mode)

If you are slave clock, the you need you take clock from the remote site. (your clock is tracking the primary reference)

For running in free mode trk frun
For running trackin the primary trck pck

Also, you need reset the counter
ld 60
.rcnt

Post you comments

Javier

Thanks for all the quick replies.

This is an 11C, and I will disable/enable the card, dchannel, tmdi but what load do I do that in?

Physically the DTI/PRI card has a green light for ACT and DCH, and it has a red light for CC. Does this mean anything?

Thanks,

Hende

bellsouth does not monitor voice t1's in this area, you can leave it down for a year, as long as the bills not late. for a price they monitor pri's, usually for data apps.. i don't usually do the reseat but do dis both the d and the card, for a enl xxx fdl.. also lcnt rcnt in load 60

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Again, thanks for the reply.

I went into LD 60, but could only reset the counters. The loop won't disable when I type DISL 3, and I haven't been successful in disabling the d-channel with DSCH 3 24. I'm assuming my syntax is wrong, since I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks,

Hende

ld 96 dis dch x with x =to the dch auto...then ld 60 disl 3

ld 96 dis tmdi 3
enl tmdi 3 fdl

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ld 96 dis dch x with x =to the dch auto...then ld 60 disl 3

ld 96 dis tmdi 3
enl tmdi 3 fdl

ld 60 enll 3.. the d will come back up by itself,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you for the clarification.

I can disable the DCH, then disable 3. However, when I try to disable the tmdi, I get DCH010 error. The same happens when I try to enable tmdi and force a download.

So, I enabled the DCH and tried to force a download, and I got a BUG5521 error. I have since enabled the DCH without a download, then enabled the loop, to get the phones back up quickly.

Were still getting the DTA015 errors. On a side note it's really frustrating trying to type these commands with them popping up constantly.

Thanks,

Hende

do the tmdi in ld 48

.dis tmdi 3 all

.enl tmdi 3 fdl

John

are you all having the same problems with the website today?

I've been having a lot of problems checking this website. Quite a few timeouts so far.

When I tried to use the TMDI in LD 48, it kicked back an LNK002 error.

Thanks,

Hende

If the CC light is red, the clock controller is disabled or not working. In LD 60 try

.ENL CC 0
.TRCK PCK
.SSCK 0

Let me know what the output is. Generally when we have had framing errors with no other errors, it has been a hardware error on our side. Sometimes a bad clock controller, sometimes a bad CSU, occasionally a bad cable.

yes on the web site, almost all post fail the 1st time, happened at home last night to and i know that network is not hosed.. i recently played with a tmdi, i remember the dis in 96, but i don't get to do opt 11's very often..
try ld 96 stat tmdi and let us know what happens

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tried what phnechic said, and the CC light is green, the DTA errors are gone, and we are sending faxes again. I'm assuming the CC stands for "_something_ clock"?

johnpoole, I tried the STAT TMDI in LD 96 and still got a syntax error back.

Here's hoping that our phones will run long enough that I have time to forget everything I've learned here today.

Thanks,

Hende

The CC stands for clock controller. In LD 60 if you do

.SSCK 0

You should see something similar to this:
.SSCK 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - LOCKED TO SLOT 2
PREF - 2
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC

If there are no errors, you should be OK. If there are errors, you may have other issues. Just post the errors here and I'll help if I can.

phnechic,

My systems shows what you listed up through the "NO ERROR" line, and that's it. It doesn't list any IP DB PORT lines of the CALL SERVER CLK line. I'm still assuming it's ok.

Again, thank you for the help!

Hende

It should be fine. This is one of the rare occasions when I've been able to GIVE help. Thanks for the opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back