Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Dial Out Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkspot

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
US
I have a Legend with a PRI. The customer is getting an 8-12 second delay after dialing their call before it starts to ring. If I use a dial out code and directly access the PRI it still happens. If I dial a # sign after my desired telephone number it goes out immediately. The provider is insisting it is my switch but the programming looks OK to me. Here is the PRI print.
A PRI INFORMATION

A Slot 7 Switch: 5ESS

A System: By line

A BchnlGrp #: Slot: TestTelNum: NtwkServ: Incoming Routing:
A 1 7 CallbyCall By Dial Plan

A Channel ID: 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6
A 5 4 3 2 1

A Line PhoneNumber NumberToSend
A 805
A 806
A 807
A 808
A 809
A 810
A 811
A 812
A 813
A 814
A 815
A 816
A 817
A 818
A 819

A Network Selection Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3
A Pattern to Match: 101**** 10***

A Special Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A Pattern to Match: 011 010 01 00 0 1
A Operator: none OP OP OP/P OP none none none
A Type of Number: N I I N N N N N
A Digits to Delete: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

A Call-By-Call Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4
A Pattern 0: 0
A Pattern 1: 1
A Pattern 2: 2
A Pattern 3: 3
A Pattern 4: 4
A Pattern 5: 5
A Pattern 6: 6
A Pattern 7: 7
A Pattern 8: 8
A Pattern 9: 9
A Call Type: BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH
A PRI INFORMATION

A NtwkServ: No Service
A DeleteDigits: 0 0 0 0 0

A Entry Number: 5 6 7 8 9
I am going on a vendor meet tomorrow with the provider (Paetech). Any suggestions?

Yes, programming looks OK!

Funny thing, years ago, I had a Bell Labs engineer tell me that the way you are supposed to dial out from a LEGEND is to end the Dialing Sequence with a POUND (#) SIGN.

I still do it that way today.

Well, as far as your system is concerned, I think the CO is not really set up correctly.

There is a NORMAL delay of 1 to 3 seconds as PRI does the call set up, but 8 to 12 is just way too much.

I think you CO folks could look at what you are sending and come up with an answer.

I know the LEGEND would tell us with a MONITOR session.

Good Luck!

Could I have the Legend add a # sign in ARS somehow? It seems to me that I shouldn't have to but I am really only concerned with appeasing a mad customer.

No, sorry, that can not be done.

Again, the Telco Vendor should help figure this out.

What area of the country is your client? Paetec should know better. All they use is 5ESS switches, at least in California. The techs I have worked with seemed to know what they were doing.

You might request that they bring a protocol analyzer or equivalent to look at the D CHANNEL messages.

Also check the Error Log in the Legend to see if you are getting any related alarms.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

There is a timer in the legend that controls this. You can shorten it. it is under option's I think. The timers are labeled 1-9, they are very vague and is not labeled very well. Choose the last timer. This is the time measured in seconds as to how many seconds the Merlin will wait until outpulsing your digits. If you need help with this you can call me at 678-986-0595, and if I haven't dialed into one myself to find it I can walk you through it. Good luck

I would surmise that if the problem continues when you use the pool dial out code instead of 9 for ARS, that the problem lies with the carrier - since using the pool dial out code bypasses the ARS timers.

Paetech and Verizon came out and with a T-Berd it was going out immediately. I changed the inter digit timer #9 from 5 to 1 and it dramatically shortened the delay. I just hope it doesn't affect anything else. Thanks for all the help.
Zeke

The only consequence to changing the timer from 5 to 1 is that if you have a slow dialer, he will be waved off is he has more than 1 second between DTMF presses. I usually set it to about 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back