Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Custom vs NI2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas1437

MIS
Sep 21, 2010
US
We currently have a Nortel Option 11. Our PRI from ATT is "Custom". We are switching to a new phone switch that requires "NI2". Will there be any problems if we make the switch now? Will it cause problems with the Nortel? Can I make a change on the Nortel that will prevent any problems? Should I just wait to cut over to the new switch and make the change that day?

If the new switch is on the carrier side then yes you may have trouble. NI2 is the interface type the other end will be trying to communicate with and if yours is not set that way the DCH may not link up or you may have trouble making/receiving calls. My guess is it won't even link up.

What software are you running? You might want to make sure you can do NI2, the last time I had to run custom was because my software would not take NI2. Somewhere back around rls 18 or so they made you pay or it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back