Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Connection between Cisco VG200 and Option11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblade92

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2003
CA
Hello all,

Here is the scenario. I presently have configured a NTAK09 card in my Option11c to connect to a Cisco VG200 registered with Call Manager. No Problems, can route calls both ways with no issues at all.

However...

The trunk has been configured as a DTI trunk rather than a PRI trunk, meaning that while I have 24 channels between the units, I have no Dch and therefore no caller information.

My question is simply this, while I have two other PRI cards for PSTN, the Telco is only providing 1 Dch total. If I build a Dch (LD 17 I think) and change the RDB for my connection to the VG200 to PRI, will this interfere with the signaling from the CO, or is it totally independent?

Newbie question I know, but I'm a data guy, not voice!

Any assistance gratefully accepted!

You would need to
1/install a d-ch daughterboard on the NTAK09 card.
2/remove all the trunk & RDB associated with the DTI
3/ re-program as a PRA
4/ the new d-ch you would create in LD17 would only be associated with this route & won't affect your PSTN PRA
5/ you would also need to set your Cisco up for PRA & I don't have any knowledge of that.

PS this just an rough description of what needs to happen

Cisco will need to emulate SL100 on this PRI configuration.

Thanks all,

Figured that's what I would have to do. Actually ordering the NTAK93 card today to get the issue resolved.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back