Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI compatability 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

52nooknick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
US
I'm just want to be sure about my info on the following circuit packs to allow caller ID to pass to my telephone sets with displays.

I have a TN 767 and a TN 767B DS1 packs in my switch Release 10...
Can I fire up a new PRI T-1 using these boards and will they pass caller ID...My info says.. YES

Also...TN 2224 and TN 2224B for my 6408D+ sets...will they pass caller ID... my info says..... YES

Finally..I have some old TN754B and TN 754C 4-wire 8 port digital boards...I'm sure that they can not pass caller ID but would like to hear from someone who can confirm my info.

Thanks
Rich

You didn't indicate what type of PBX. The 767 in the G3R and S87xx PBX systems can not be used for PRI. You should move toward the 464GP or 464HP which not only support the D-channel but also are firmware upgradeable and can provide echo cancellation.

If you are on a G3si it is possible to provide ISDN with 767. (may require PACCON) and also dependent on what features you have turned on.

Plan on getting an upgrade in your budget. SCC cabinets reach end-of-support in about another year. G650 cabinets will support traditional TN style boards.

It is a G3i single cabinet with 4 carriers,,,A,B,C,D

Up graded about 2 years ago...

Is you answer still the same or should I seek further help.

Thanks for your input.

I have some old TN754B and TN 754C 4-wire 8 port digital boards...I'm sure that they can not pass caller ID but would like to hear from someone who can confirm my info.

Actually they will pass the CID but they are for the 7400 series and 8400 series phones.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back