Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI/CO Call routing question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc63725

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2005
US
I've got a customer with a Magix R4 running 2 PRIs and 10 POTS lines. The POTS lines are unlimited long distance while the PRIs are per minute. How can I leverage ARS etc to hit these CO lines for outbound calls first? I still want the PRIs to be able to be used for outbound as well, I just want the CO lines to be full first. My initial thought was to create a separate pool (other than 70 as the PRIs are both in 70) and then create an ARS route for Default Toll that pointed to the new pool. That said, what happens when that pool gets full? How can I get it to then overflow into the default pool (70)? Is it automatic that when one route is full/fails that it will flow into the next route? So if route 1 is pool 790 and route 2 is pool 70 will it do what I'm desiring here or is there more to it?

Thanks and apologies - I've never had to deal with ARS in quite this manner before.

You're right on the money - in the ARS tables, you change the primary route to use the POTS line's pool, then add a 2nd route using the PRI's pool.

Download the feature reference for the full story and instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back