Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Circuit | Reserved

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekminnit

Technical User
Jan 9, 2013
AU
Hi everyone!

Just trying to find some information on why a PRI circuit would be in a reserved state? The Sys Admin Help gives me:

Reserved : Specified line is reserved for use as a dataline.

But I am having issues when dialing out. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get a continuous tone? When I get the continuous tone I do a state on my PRI PLID (STATE 6 1 2 1) and the circuit state is showing 'reserved'.

6 1 2 1 3| Universal E1 |Reserved |Call Proc|5 0247|Wait

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find any other information on this..

Thanks in advance!

Don't confuse DTMF with DTF. They have very different meanings....

Hi, sounds like a provider issue, if you have gone through the usual 'Out of Hours Programmed Reboot' of the 3300 to load the PRi Card, and it is still showing reserved, it will be the provider Nine times out of Ten. I believe the system would show reserved for a fraction of a second whilst the ISDN channel is being seized, but that would be gone the next second when you stat'd the link again, if it is still there, see above...

Run a CCS trace while making some test calls, look for differences there between the successful calls and failed ones. The fact that the call stays up tells me there might be an issue upstream somewhere in the telco network or elsewhere along the call path, but the CCS trace data will be helpful in seeing if there's any difference in the call handling between the 3300 and the telco switch you're interfacing with.

Thanks guys :) It's been a busy last few days so apoligies for the delayed response here. I ended up rebooting the ISDN NTU and rebooting the controller to re-sync with our service provider (I got some info from a third party vendor to capture an ISDN trace of an affected call if this didn't fix the problem). After rebooting both devices I was unable to replicate the issue. Would have been interesting to see what was going on, nevertheless this resolved the issue.

Thanks to all for the input!

Don't confuse DTMF with DTF. They have very different meanings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back