Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI call-fwd Caller-ID issue--Magix R-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesrus

Vendor
Jul 23, 2002
US
I have a customer in another state that call-fwd's certain phones off-site to cell phones for customer service over a PRI (in and out)at Night. They receive the calls, but the Caller-ID shows up as the customers main number (BTN), not the Callers number which they want to receive.
The carrier, AT&T, states that there are no restrictions on the PRI regarding pass-thru. What, other than possibly number to send settings overriding the Caller-ID, could be causing this. I know this will work fine on a Definity, but I cannot remember ever having this particular issue/request on a Magix.
I am flying blind at the moment, because I have not been in this switch before, and therefore have no info. I am going to setup a dial-in session tomorrow so that I can do a "stare and compare", but I thought I would ask if anyone has seen this issue before.

Magix will only post either the main line ANI or the extensions ANI The extenstons ANI is actually a combinaton of the programmed main number with the last digits replaced with the extension number. It will not post the caller ID of a transferred call. It is not supported my either the legend, magix or the AT&T custom protocol it has to use.

I am not sure how you would stare and compare it to a definity, because they are completly different.

ttech,
I was going to stare at some other Legend/Magix's not a Definity, and a Definity using 5E Custom will pass-thru the Caller-ID to a forwarded call because it is part of the setup messaging. But that Pass-thru is sometimes dependent on what type of CO switch you are dealing with. As I said, I do not yet know how this switch is provisioned.
That being said, if the Magix is not provisioned for sending out ANI, then the serving CO switch defaults to the BTN for ANI. Assuming that the CO trunk group is provisioned to accept CPN AND the Magix is providing ANI then this could possibly affect the pass-thru information by overriding it.

You are right on the custom protocol
I wasn't thinking - the custom protocol does accept the posted caller ID that is how it receives it from the magix on every outgoing cell.

The Magix on the other hand is where your limitations will lie

The main BTN appears to be hard coded in your customer's trunk group in at&t's switch. I suspect that all 23 "B" channels are assigned to a single group, so no matter which extension is forwarded, all outbound calls will yield the BTN on the far end caller ID display.

I'm not too up on the ISDN capabilities of the Magix, but I know that some systems can, via the "D" channel, generate specific ANIs and pass them along to the service provider who simply sends them out, rather than attaching the ANI built into the trunk group.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

The CLID feature using PRI on the Legend & Magix is the same - incomplete - Avaya never finished it before discontinuing the product line! So what is there - is there! Search and read other threads on this subject on this forum, in addition to reading the Feature Reference document for more complete info and limitations...

The Definity is a completely different product and bears nothing similar to the Legend or Magix in regards to software features, etc.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back