Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Automatic Line Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucleadguitar

Technical User
May 6, 2011
US
We are replacing our Analog Lines with a single PRI. I am trying to configure the Automatic Line Selection to pick up the PRI Channels (13-22) but when I select the Modify ALS Checkbox the ALS comes up but I cannot make any modifications.

How would I be able to get these 10 channels to be added to the ALS?

Is there another configuration that I am missing somewhere?

I was able to get the PRI Trunks to automatically show up on the ALS Configuration after adding the Trunk as a Line Appearance Button. Anyway to modify it manually so don't need to have a Line Appearance Button?

I haven't done a PRI on a Partner Mode, BUT, it looks like you put the system in PBX mode, put channels 1-12 and 23 Out Of Service, which will make the rest of the channels Line Appearances, and put them into Line Group 65. Now you can add Line Group 65 to a button on the phone, and set the ALS to use the "line". I don't know the order it will use the channels, but that shouldn't really matter.

It's sort of like putting an ACS in Hybrid mode and putting the extensions in Pool Access mode.

Give it a try and post back what you find!

I do not see the ability to set Line Groups anywhere on the Partner System.

I only have Release 7 offline configuration available to me.

You uncheck Hide Admin Tasks under the View menu

Under System, go to System Setup, set System Mode to PBX System

Under Trunks, look for Outbound Call Handling

You'll see Selector=65, Type=Group of Lines, Details=Line Appearances = 01, 02, 03,......

Underneath that you see Available and Selected lines, Add them and hit Apply.

Now under your User Setup, Button Programming, you can right click a button, select Add Feature, on the Line Assignment tab you select 65.

Now, if you're not on R7, all bets are off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back