Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI and Sprint with DMS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlobby

Vendor
Sep 18, 2003
US
Is anybody having any issues with drop calls, B-channels being busy etc, using Sprint with a DMS100 switch.

On the Nortel CO switches, tell teh switch techs to make sure the L1 flag in the trunk sub group to "yes". This, of course, will have some meaning to the CO switch techs.

Pepperz at newper dot net

Yes Pepperz is right. Be firm with the central office. I have had the full range of success with COs over the years regarding the L1 flag setting on ANY DMS.

Possible situations:
Emulate a 5E using either NI2 or Custom.
L1 flag not set.

CBeyond has been using Cisco Routers between the smart jack and the Legend or Magix. This is a special case where you MUST choose Legend-Network at the switch type. This will build Bhannel group 80 as an ascending 23 channel network. If this is the case then you must program for "an extension to match."

You lose all incoming routing ability and must build a dial plan that matches. This is similar behavior when an IP Office PRI is configured for QSIG trunking.

Also, be sure to turn on name and number for each extension.

BTW..I have a personal bone to pick with one of CBeyonds switch techs. I will tell this brief story as a "heads up."

I met the Cisco IADS roughly one year ago. The customer had just switched providers so CBeyond and I were there to make the switch.

Naturally when it did not work, I simply connected it back to the original smart jack and made some calls. Their switch tech eventually said these famous words to me "We have connected hundreds of Legends and Magix. What is your problem? We will send someone who knows what they are doing".

I asked how he would set up a Legend and he said PRI NI2. Naturally he is wrong since a Legend and Magix simply will not work unless it uses Custom for a PRI. The guy was pretty tense.

Perhaps I am the lucky one since Hardy Wright took my call to Avaya. He said it is important to view the router as the gateway. Therefore, a Legend-Network must be created. Well it worked like a charm but incoming routing control was lost.

I recently cut a Magix to Cbeyond a couple of weeks ago and got the same switch tech as a year before. I figure that they must use the same propaganda playbook since he again said "We have connected hundreds of Legends and Magix".

Yeah right pal. And right after a LEGEND-Network is used, everything but routing works. Make him prove that he is using the correct ISDN code set.

Good luck and be firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back