Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI and Analog Modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchHack

Programmer
Feb 3, 2004
US
Hi all,
We have a problem with our G3 that I was hoping someone here can answer. We are using Analog modems (US Robotics) on lines that have PRI cards. After connecting to another modem, our modem retrains constantly, causing very poor connections. Is there a setting on the switch, or, on the modem that we can use, that will allow us to have a 'standard' connection (i.e. our modem will not constantly retrain).

Or, is it not possible to use a PRI and an Analog modem correctly?

Thanks again,

SwitchHack

We use USR modems on approx. 30 PCs. REally do not have any problem connecting and maintaining connections out our PRI or T1. Be sure to 'status synchronization' and make sure your clocking is correct. You should be clocking off of the board that provides your connection to the PRI. If it says 'tone board' then this needs to be corrected immediately. This will also effect faxes or any non-voice transmission.

I agree sounds like a clocking issue. What you are describing is a clasic case of clocking not being set correctly.

Good luck,

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back