Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI & SIP at the same time? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingaIT

Technical User
Dec 8, 2011
GB
We are moving over to SIP, problem is we curently have pri (isdn) and contract isnt up for another 24mnths (high etf). when we get the sips, is there a way of telling the system to only let x/y/z user use PRI and everyone else use sip... im assuming its something to do with line id... but where do i specify on user/huntgroup which one to use?
ipo 500v2 r6

ty

Yes, you can. this is pretty straight forward configuration. If you are unsure, I highly recommend you employ a qualified business partner to implement this for you.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

You use ARS. You can assign specific ARS forms to users.
You may want to seek assistance from your business partner.

What was Your Solution?

We are in a Similar situation. Testing the SIP with existing PRI. I have been using a Different ARS for the users that I want to use SIP. I've added a different Dial 9N Shortcode in the User Rights for those users.

Thanks,

Stowsend, for out going just use user shortcodes pointing to the ARS with the sip outgoing line id.
Incoming can use the same incoming line group id.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yes, maybe I was not clear. We use the same incoming line group, 0. For both PRI and SIP.

The users that I want to use SIP outbound have a user right profile that has a different dial 9 short code that points to an ARS that uses the SIP's line groups.

We had to go a bit further and define different SIP groups for the three different offices that the IPO services, so when they dial 911, they line group associated with that Office's caller ID is used. So we have a user right for each office and a ARS for each office. And the ARS then uses a special line group that fixes the Caller ID so it gets the address of the office they are calling from.

I tell you, this SIP stuff. Has been pretty challenging, at least with our provider...

Scott<-

SIP on the IPO is very easy compared to some other SME PBX's

try an alcatel Omni PCX Office. nasty.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back