Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

previsive 5.x problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjith

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2001
IN
i am facing problem with previsive btrieve ver 5.0 ,ie i am having the client with tcpip and not ipx/spx ,i couldn't run brequest,

what is the next procedure to go about

Btrieve 5.0 only supported IPX/SPX because it came out in the mid 1980's and there was no TCP/IP to speak of on PCs.
If you want to use TCP/IP you need to get the latest version, Pervasive.SQL 2000i. It fully supports all older Btrieve applications and data natively becuase it has a full Btrieve 7.90 engine in it in addition to the full ODBC complaint SQL engine. P2Ki fully supports TCP/IP in a number of ways even for DOS applications. You can download trial copies from the Pervasive Web site at and they will give you evaluation support to get it running if you call or e-mail Support and tell them you have an eval.

Pervasivite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back