Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Previous installation prevents default installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

couldbestuffed

Technical User
Apr 27, 2006
GB
I'm installing SQL 2000 on an new SBS 2003 Premium Server.
I upgraded the SHAREPOINT Server to the standard SQL 2000 Server version & applied SP4 fine, rebooting at each stage. Now when I come to install a default instance, I get the following error: A previous program installation has pending file operations outstanding. Please reboot and run setup again. I've rebooted several times but the error persists and I can not find any form of uninstall to clear the issue. Can anyone advise on the necessary action and or registry edits that would clear the problem and allow a default instance to be installed.

Many thanks
Couldbestuffed

Look at your EventViewer and then take a look at this link and see if you are getting any of the errors mentioned on this page:

Not sure if this is even applicible, but I saw it and thought that I would send it your way...

GVN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back