Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Previewing fonts in Illustrator 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky1954

Technical User
Mar 6, 2005
CA
Is there a way to list all the characters that are in a font in Illustrator 10? I'm still a newbie with Illustrator and I don't know how I could achieve this. There's no problems for the ones on the keyboard, but when it comes to other alphabets such as Cyrillic (russian) and others, I don't know what to do in order to list them. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all

What OS are you running? If you have Mac OS 10.4, you can go into system prefs and turn on the character pallette (if you want, I can post more detailed instructions on this, and this will work most OSX programs, not just Illustrator).

Also, in Illustrator CS you can go to Type>Glyphs (this may have changed for CS2). This will bring a pallette that shows all of the characters available for the font you have currently selected. Just put a text insertion point in your document, double-click on the character you want in the glyphs pallette, and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back