Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Previewed effects continually dissapear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Premiere 6 on PC under Windows 2000. My previewed effects continually dissapear and I'm having to "Render Work Area" over and over again. This can happen by my doing something as simple as muting-un-muting an audio track, or by making other non-effects-related changes to the timeline. I'm previewing to disk, and when it happens the preview files remain in the preview folder but are not retained as previews in the timeline. I've tried using the same and different drives, but neither helps. Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone shed any light for me?
Many thanks,
Steven Thun.

I don't have a solution but maybe a workaround..... While holding the ALT key click and hold in the timeline, then move mouse back and forth to preview without rendering the clip by....right click preview..

Do you have a cheap capture card? If the card's not realtime, then whenever you shift or change a track nearby (just think if there's ANY way it could effect the problem clip), it'll force a re-render. BTW, thanks to the other guy for the heads-up on the hot-keys... that's going to be really useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back