Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
My web page looks great, then when I preview it, the graphic jpgs are all messed up. Why is this, what can I do, its driving me nuts....if I publish the site it publishes fine.

If you are not happy with the built in viewer in FrontPage, you can still view your web locally by loading the file path into your browsers address window.
Open Internet Explorer or Netscape and select FILE, OPEN, then navigate to the place on your hard drive where your web file was last saved.

Some html programs do a decent job of local page views, but not all.

Two that I use in addition to FP98 and FP2000
Arachnophilia 4.0 build 5309
I prefer this program for cgi editing because it will not dump unwanted code into my pages.
and

1st Page 2000 version 2.0

Both programs are free (not shareware)and both have internal viewers that work.

Jim

Are you talking about the jpgs being messed up as far as viewing or jumbled on the page? If they are jumbled on the page then us tables and insert the photos there. It is the best way to keep uniformity of the page. RDMuzz

If it's the image--meaning it looks poorer quality, you'll need to go into the image properties. Look for the JPEG quality option, which is probably set at 75. Change it to 100.
Linda Adams (Garridon@aol.com)
"The Importance of Being Grammarian," published in The Toastmaster, March 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back