Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preview View in Frontpage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgr430

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a friend who is doing a web page in front page. When he is in the normal view he has a paragraph with 6 lines of text. When he takes this paragraph with 6 lines and clicks on Preview it turns the whole paragraph into a couple lines. Another words in the Preview view it shrinks his paragraph. Is there anything that he can do to keep the original paragraph which was 6 lines instead of stretching it out in the Preview view?

Thank you [smile]

Hi tgr430,

I can't say what would be the absolute best way to do this.

He could put this text as is into a borderless table set to a width suited to maintaining the desired line length. This might be better set to pixel width rather than %, as using percent would likely change the lines depending on the resolution.

or

He might use indent a few times on this block of text. This will shorten the line lengths.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Thanks Michael,

I haven't used Frontpage in a while. I think that creating a borderless table would be the best option. I know that if you wanted to center the webpage their is a certain code in HTML that does this but my friend had a different scenario. Thanks again for your help. Happy Holidays!

Terry [smile]

Hi Terry,

Hope that works for you. Glad we could be of some help to you.

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back