Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preview Updates before Updating Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy92211

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
US
Ok. I have a doozy of an issue.

I have a table, tblobligation. I want my users to be able to make changes to this table (using a form to query the info they need), but before the changes are made, i want the changed information to be added to a stage table. that way,the approver can review the changes and decide to update or keep as is.

Does that make sense?

So my goal is to have a form where the user queries the information, have the data appended to to a temp table, then populate a form basedon the temp table information. The user will update the form.

The reviewer will be able to go into the temp table (actually another form based on the temp table) and run an update query to update the main table.
---
Here's my issue.

So the user uses my form to query the records they want to update. What I would like to be able to do is have the user select the exact records they want to track.

For example, if Suze queries on all fields containing apples within a date range of 1/3/06 and 1/9/06, that doesn't mean that she actually wants to update all of these records.

I want suze to be able to select what records to update, then go through with updating to a temp table, and on from there

Thanks for your help!

Snoopy,
I think you are in the wrong forum. Try Access forms.
I do this a lot, you need unbound forms. The first form will allow the user to input the criteria and you then use that to build your select query to populate the 2nd form. The 2nd form displays the records one at a time and the user can input/change data and you then need to add a button to save changes (build an update query from the changed data). I don't use a intermediate table, I let the users update one record at a time.
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back