Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

preview does not match hard copy HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terris

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2002
US
OK here is the senerio. I am creating a cursor let's call it yield, the cursor is passed to a yield report all data prints great. Now a few months later then want cost information (yield x stnd cost) added and the stnd cost is stored in my inventory table. So off to report designor, open the data environment, add my inventory table and create a join (inventory.fpartno + inventory.frev) = (yield.fpartno + yield.frev). Pretty simple join, report looks great on preview. Run it to hard copy and the stnd cost is not functioning. Any ideas?
Thanks

Terris

. I am creating a cursor let's call it yield,

The most likely problem is a confusion of data. I would suggest you remove all tables from the dataenvironment of the report. Create 1 cursor that contains all the information required to produce the report, and make sure that the textfields of your report only have a reference to the fieldname and not tablename and fieldname. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I am having a similar problem

I am using a view with a variable in the filter to bring out all of the invoice details. This previews ok but the print will put 8 lines on the invoice while the preview has only one.

I have checked the view & I only have one record I have made sure that this is the selected table.

The report uses File & field names to prevent confusion

Any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back