Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing XP taskbar from scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novexx

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
GB
When I have a approx. 10 or more items open on the taskbar, instead of making the taskbar items smaller when the next item is opened, XP starts to "scroll" them onto another line, while adding "spinner" buttons to the left of the taskbar.

I want to stop this happening, so that the more taskbar items I have open, the smaller they get, as opposed to this scrolling carry on. I dont want to have to use the "group similar" option either?

If there isnt any way of turning this off, is there anything that can be adjusted in the registry to reduce the "minimum taskbar button" size, so that I can have nore items open before scrolling starts.

I don't think you can. Maybe of you group similar tasks will get less items and prevent the scrolling.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back