Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing VBA Code Windows From Opening Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

webuser

MIS
Jun 1, 2001
US
When I open up a database, Access automatically opens up a bunch of modules that i had worked on previously. This is very annoying b/c I use Source Control, and I get prompted for each module (wether to check it out). There is no 'No to all' or 'Yes to all' button on the prompt, so I need to click 20 or so of these prompts. I have tried to compact/repair to no avail. When I create a new database, the behavior stops at first, but as I begin working on modules, the same thing happens again. It get worst as I work on more and more of them. Is there any way to control this behavior and prevent the modules from opening up. Thanks in advance.

WebUser

G'day.

When you are not using source control, simply closing all code windows, before closing your database fixes this.

Gzep.

Thanks for the feedback.
Unfortunately, I am always using source control. As I continue working and opening windows, the problem gets worst. I'm not sure why I would be working outside of source control...

Thanks again. Let me know if I have misunderstood you or if you have any other solutions.

to my knoldge, Source Control is good for when more then one person is working on developing at the same time... If it's just you, or even more then one, but not at the same time, then I wouldn't use it. And I don't:-d

Just my thoughts...

--James
junior1544@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Unfortunately, it's not just me. I am using Source Control for the very reason that it was intended. So that multiple developers can work on the same project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back