Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing Users from setting wallpapers from Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrey

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
Hello! I have 15 workstations running under windows 2000 that log in to Windows NT. How can I prevent from users to change the wallpaper? They are setting internet wallpapers to those workstations. Is there a way to disable this feature so they cant change any settings in those workstations?

Any Ideas?

Hi,

Yes u can disable them by making a group policy for those workstations.

PSingh

With group policy you can control all users as you want, they can not change/install wall paper.

Knowledge is a key of success.

If I understand correctly, you don't have Active Directory and you are using Windows 2000 Pro clients to log on to NT4?

In this case you'll need System Policies.

-=L9NUX=-

-= There's no place like 127.0.0.1 =-

You can lock down active desktop in GPO.
1. Open up a cmd
2. mmc /a
3. From the list select GPO
4. Browse to the computer that you want to lock down
5. Click on administrative in the left pain.
6. There are all kinds of local desktop policies that you can lock down the desk.
In the environment that I am in we are not running AD yet. It is still a NT 4.0 domain. During our rollout we made all pc with local computer policies (Our users have no rights to the pc). They can't even save stuff to there desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back