Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hello

Our company is looking into a disaster recovery plan that'll require us to get an additional subscriber on our network. Currently, we just have the one pub and one sub. Here's my question. I still want all my phones in the company to register with my current sub, if I put another sub in how do I prevent phones from registering with it? I'm not talking about the auto-register of new phones either... Wanna keep my current avvid the same, but just add an aditional sub in a different subnet that'll take over in the event of a disaster at our home office.

thanks guys
snoots

Make the second Sub the second choice in the list of servers in the Cisco CallManager Group Configuration page. The phones register to the servers in their order on this page.
For disaster recovery, some places have approx half the phones registering to each of the 2 Subscribers so if one Sub goes down, only half the phones would need to re-register. Either way will work though.

Sweet, thanks.. but if I wanted to register half here and half there, how would I do that if only one server can be at the top of that list?

Just have half the company unplug there phones for me until i can reset it?!? haha

You can create a 2nd CallManager group that lists the servers in a different order (use the new subcriber as highest priority). You would then have to create a 2nd Device Pool using that new Callmanager group and assign half of the phones to the new Device Pool.

jeffb1972 stole my thunder. I had that in the orignal reply but deleted it for length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back