Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing page breaks after group sections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
My report contains Group 1 (one line), Group 2 (one line)and a detail section (one or more sets of five lines, depending on input).

I would like a page break to occur only after at least one set of detail lines; to put it another way, I would like to prevent a page break after an occurrence of either group section. (I have not been able to simply combine all three sections in a Group or Detail section, without losing Detail records or duplicating Group records.) Perhaps there's a way of grouping sections together?

I know that I can select New Page Before in the Section Expert dialog box for Group 1, or similarly select New Page After for the Detail section, but I don't want to start a new page before every occurrence of Group 1. (Depending on the input, there might be one set of detail lines per group, or many.)

Please see thread149-905801 for two approaches.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back