Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing Changes to Tool/Menu Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

cani

MIS
May 10, 2002
BM
I want to prevent users from getting to the database Window in an ADP file. I'm hiding the Window, disabling the toolbars, etc., and disabling the shift key; however, (although no user has figured it out yet) the main weakness is with reports.

I am displaying a custom tool bar to enable users to either close or print reports (Print Preview). When reports open, a custom toolbar is displayed. When the report closes, the database once again hides all toolbars.

My concern is that a user, if savvy enough could right click on the custom tool/menu bar and add features, including the Window icon that would allow him/her to get to the Database Window. Is there any way to lock down the Tool/Menu Bars so that users can't make alterations?

Thanks

In the Toolbars|Customize dialog, select the toolbar(s) on the Toolbars tab and click the Properties button. In the resulting Toolbar Properties dialog, clear the check box by Allow Customizing.

(If some part of this doesn't apply to an ADP file, please excuse my ignorance. I haven't done anything with Access Project databases yet.)

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back