Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing access to "gotomypc"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsp11

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Has anyone got a solution to preventing users from accessing their PC's from gotomypc because it uses port80 so blocking this will not be too nice.

Any ideas???

Only allow outbound connections! B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

Use Hide Nat on the firewall for all internal pc's this will stop any direct access to them.

I assumed that this was the case aleady. If not, it should be!! B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

ok i have just had a look at this software (i dont like it)
from what i can understand this software communicates from the office PC to a central site. then the remote user acces this central site. all i can suggest is you look at the logs and block the IP addresses that the software communicates to (the central site).

As the connection is initiated by the internal PC outbound only wont block it (Nor will hide NAT. you need to stop it communicating with the central site (owned by gotomypc) hopefully this should be an network block and not a large collection of unconnected IP's.

Let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back