Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent users from closing login script window by group policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrtlprmbft

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
DE
Hi all,

users should not be allowed to close the login script window, but: in group policy it seems to me that I can only prevent the login script window from being visible.
If I make it invisible, I run into the following problem: anything while processing the login script that requires user interaction, e.g. a required password while connecting to a network share, will cause the logon process to hang.

So, how can I have a visible login script that can`t be closed by the user?

Any ideas?
Ingo

I don't know how to prevent it being closed but I do know that you should have no interactive bits in your login scripts. Attaching to a network share should not require a username and password.

What I might suggest is that you put all the bits that you definitely need to get done and the user can't close on in a hidden login script and then get that script to call another script which can be interactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back