Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent users from changing language/regional settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

losty25

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2007
LU
Hi,
I work for a financial institution where - for compatibility reasons between different software - every user has to use the German setting. I prevented the change first by hiding the regional settings in the control panel, but there are still the office language settings with which they can fool around.
So I need to disable this thing too - or block the registry-key from being changed. Unfortunately I didn't find anything about this issue, except a Microsoft-Article dealing with Office Resource Kit, which I cannot use in this case.
Any idea?

Is there anything you can do via Group Policy?

Regional and Language Options

Location: User Configuration\Control Panel\Regional and Language Options

Description:
Contains settings to control language configuration for a user's desktop. Restrict selection of Windows menus and dialogs language.

This setting changes the menus and dialogs too, which is not wanted. But thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back