Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent Refresh whenever we resize the client window 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudary

Programmer
Sep 3, 2000
ID
Hi,

Its simple Html page with some javascripts and some DHTML(css) scripts. The real problem is the page is getting refreshed whenever i resize the browser window. How can i prevent this.

hope its not a big problem -;)

Thanks.

This is a bug in Netscape 4. I'm not sure a workaround exists. This does not occur in Internet Explorer though. Again, I don't think you can fix it, but I'd search around the developer.netscape.com website. Harold Blackorby
hblackorby@scoreinteractive.com
St. Louis, MO

Hey Harold,

Thanks a lot for that but surprisingly, its also happening in I.E. That is what i am concerned about.

If u come across any solution for this please lemme know.

Thanks

The bug that Harold is referring to is a bug in Netscape that makes it not refresh on resize...

I'm not sure that there is a way you can explicitly disable a refresh on resize.

Hi

I really don't understand why you want to stop browser refreshing when you resize it. All the web pages will look ugly if refreshing is not happening.

It is basically a feature of browser. So i think you can't do that.

regards

Srikanth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back