Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent "Can grow"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digsys

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
AU
In a report with a control that has the property "Can grow" set to yes, all the controls underneath that control are shifted down as the control expands. Does anyone know if there is a property that will prevent a control that is underneath from being shifted. Thanks

I don't believe so, put perhaps one of the gurus on this site will prove me wrong. As good as Access reporting is, it has some limitations. You may want to try using columns in the page layout, rearranging fields side by side instead of under, or putting fields in one of the various section headers or footers.

I think the only way to accomplish this is to set the bottom of the "Can Grow" control to some place lower than the top of the controls you don't want to be pushed down.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back