Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent pictures from being downloaded on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbif

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2002
CA
How do I prevent users to my website from being able to download jpg photos using the right-click feature.
Also, I would also want to prevent the Pictures toolbar from being visible to also prevent saving photos using the toolbar?

Thanks

To disable the IE Image Toolbar for your personal browser sessions, simply right click on the toolbar. The Disable toolbar window pops up giving you the option of disabling the current session or all future sessions.

In addition, it can be turned on and off by going to Tools >> Internet Options >> Multimedia and look for the "Enable Image Toolbar" then check to enable or uncheck to disable.

Use the code below to disable the toolbar for site visitors.

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

As to disabling the saving of images, you could find some no right click image scripts, but this still wouldn't prevent them from using Print Screen to capture the image and then saving it from there. This might irritate some users, but I would guess we aren't the only ones who turned it off.

You can find one at
Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back