Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent Orders From Being Keyed Against Parent CusNo

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnCronin

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
US
Does anyone know of an easy way to prevent ordered from being entered against a parent account. Our use of parent is to designate a headquarters for billing and open item consolidation. Orders should not be entered against this account.

Just off-hand I can think of an easy way to do this.

I would use one of the arcusfile_sql userdefined fields as a yes no field to annotate allowing for order entry or not.

On the OE screen customer number lose_focus check this flag and either allow the user to continue or not.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

The credit hold solution would not prevent you from entering an order would it? I thought it would only prevent you from invoicing an order.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

crystalreporting is correct. The only thing I could think of is to use Flex and look at the Parent? checkbox when the user types in the customer number. If it's checked, you wouldn't let them move to the next field. Since they could look it up in the search box and that affects how flex works on the lose focus event, you could trap for it on the got focus event on the next field and have a message box pop up to not use the parent account.

Kevin Scheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back